[Eric] Support network for eric, conda, and internet connection

Christos Sevastiadis csevast at auth.gr
Sat Sep 15 14:25:05 BST 2018

Dear Alex,

I use Conda either but in a different way. I created an exclusive
environment for the Eric installation, named 'eric6', installing in it
QScintilla and some other packages needed for its special functionalities.
Also, some other packages especially for eric should be installed in the
base environment. I separated my Eric installation because of PyQt
conflicts with the Spyder IDE. My main working packages are installed in
the base environment, which I add it and set it as 'Global' in the Eric
'Manage Virtual Environments' dialog window. I can add any new Conda
created environment in the same dialog window, but not as global virtual
environments (I don't know if it has any effect, anyway). I selected the
base Conda environment in the 'Python3 Virtual Environment' of
Preferences.Debuger.Python3.(Configure Python3 Debugger). I select any
other Conda environment as 'Virtual Environment' in 'Run Script' and 'Debug
Script" dialog windows and the scripts are executed normally, importing
their modules. I don't know if you a have problem with a specific module.

P.S. If you are interested I have some Windows cmd scripts installing
Miniconda and Eric, with Eric's dependencies, almost automatically.

P.S. to Detlev: It should be convenient if the of the default running
environment was saved in the project. That means there is a default running
environment for all new projects, but it can be changed and saved on each
project.

Christos Sevastiadis