[Eric] Code completion's issue

zbyna zbynek.fiala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:36:38 GMT 2015

Hi,

thanks to Detlev code completion with rope plugin works like a charm.

I have to update the table:
- - the general code, which was part of my previous messages
- - small PyQt4 application please see code:
	https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/2203
- - new style of PyQt4 signals please issue in:
	https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/2203 (in Spyder 	works
with rope (not with jedi)

IDE		general code	PyQt4	PyQt4-signals	Library
KDevelop	works		works	works		don't know
Spyder		works		works	works		rope
Spyder		works		works	fail		jedi
PyCharm		works		works	fail		don't know
PyDev		works		works	fail		don't know
WingIDE		works		works	fail		don't know
eric		works		works	works		rope

For PyQt4 completion was needed adding of
"PyQt4", "PyQt4.QtGui", "QtGui", "PyQt4.QtCore", "QtCore",
"PyQt4.QtScript", "QtScript"
to prefs['extension_modules'] to config.py.
There are two config.py:
	-the first in project directory/.ropeproject
	-the second in ~/eric./.ropeproject/
I had to edit second one, changing first one has no effect.
I am using rope plugin 4.0.4 and if I remember well in version
4.0.1 editing config.py in project directory was enough.

Eric installed from repository:
changeset:   4172:4f20dba37ab6
tag:         tip
parent:      4170:8bc578136279
user:        Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
date:        Wed Mar 11 18:32:27 2015 +0100

   Thanks for great work.

               zbyna