[Eric] Porting eric6 to FreeBSD

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Sat Mar 7 18:16:25 GMT 2015

Hi All,

07.03.2015 16:28, Detlev Offenbach пишет:
> On Saturday 07 March 2015, 14:21:35 Boris Samorodov wrote:

>> I try to port the new eric6 to FreeBSD. So far so good, thanks
>> for the great soft!
>
>> Some questions/remarks about UI.
>
>> 1. Preferences -> Editor -> Style -> Selection -> Colourize selected
>> text: do not understand this option. I.e. "use custom selection
>> colours" applies both customized selection foreground and
>> background colours. But what should do "colourize selected text"?
>
> Itmeans, that the selected text gets colorized with the highlighter
> colors. It overrides the selection foreground color.

Let me be a bit verbose. Say, I selected a text. All check boxes at
"Preferences -> Editor -> Style -> Selection" are unselected. Then
I check up "Use custom selection colours" and <upply> changes.

Both foreground and background are changed to used-defined colours.
Then I check up "Colorize selected text", <apply> changes.
Now foreground of selected text reverts back to original (from
user-defined colour).

May be checking up of the first box should change only background
of the selected text to used-define colour? And then checking-up
of the second box change foregroung of the selected text to user-defined
colour?

>> 2. Preferences -> Editor -> Style -> Caret: what is "caret line
>> background"? Seems that the caret is a line of one, two or three
>> one-pixel-width lines coloured with caret foreground colour and
>> there is no any background.
>
> 'Caret line' is the line containing the insertion cursor. Another name
> for this cursor is caret in order to differentiate it from the mouse cursor.

Hm, I got it. The russian translation is not quite correct. To
translate back from russian the colour is "caret background" (which
confused me and I decided to ask here). But while writing the e-mail
I switched eric6 to English locale and blindly write down the right
name "caret _line_ background". Sure, I understand what is it.
Sorry for confusion.

>> 3. Preferences -> Editor -> Style -> Folding style: may I edit colour
>> of (dotted) folding line? I usually use dark desktop style and even
>> dotted but white line is too bright to me.
>
> The fold marker background changes this.

My terminology is flaky today. :-(

I'm not sure how to name this line in English (I called it folding
line):
-----
if <condition>
  | <code>
  | <code>
end
-----
That line (I marked as"|") appears to be at UI a dotted one. The
question is may I change the colour of that line.

Detlev, thank you for your time and effort.
--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve