[Eric] Eric 5.5.0 compatibility

Pietro Moras studio-pm at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 03:59:01 GMT 2014

>  three times yes.
   Great. > However, ...     Now I deem as premature to consider such “details”. See you in due time.
Great!
 - P.M. From: detlev at die-offenbachs.deTo: eric at riverbankcomputing.comCC: studio-pm at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [Eric] Eric 5.5.0 compatibilityDate: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 17:27:07 +0100

Hi,
On Sunday 02 November 2014, 15:41:07 Pietro Moras wrote:
> Is it thus correct to say that Eric 5.5.0 can be installed and then operate:
>  – in a pure Python 2 environment, or
>  – in a pure Python 3 environment, or
>  – in a mixed (compatible) Python 2 and 3 environment, as well?

That is three times yes. However, only one Python interpreter type is used to execute eric; the one it was installed with. A parallel installation can be done using the -y switch with install.py. This makes an eric5_py2 or eric5_py3 instead of a plain eric5. Same happens to all the various tools delivered with eric.