[Eric] Eric 5.5.0 compatibility

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Nov 2 16:35:41 GMT 2014

On Sunday 02 November 2014 15:41:07 Pietro Moras wrote:
> Is it thus correct to say that Eric 5.5.0 can be installed and then operate:
>  – in a pure Python 2 environment, or  – in a pure Python 3 environment, or
>  – in a mixed (compatible) Python 2 and 3 environment, as well?Thanks. -

I've created Archlinux eric packages [1] to allow the use of both of them at
the same time. Unfortunately, eric has some files which are duplicated (icons
and Qt API), but other files are not normally in conflict if you will use
'install -y'.

1.
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/eric
--