[Eric] a couple of points from a new user

objectref objectref at yahoo.gr
Tue Mar 25 22:57:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

Comments inline:

1. I think it is nice as it is, all the useful info in one place. You can
see all this stuff by one look and without to switch back and forth in
different tabs.

2. In Settings you can declare the language that is the default for
open/save files.

3. I have several problems too with Eric's intellisense. It can display
correctly most stuff from the Qt library but it fails in really simple
tasks.
For example, if you working on a class, type a new method and then you go to
the point that you actually use that class and press the ".". this new
method will not appear...If you use it just once, it will then appear from
now on.
This is very annoying and Detlev (Eric's creator) have told me in the past
that is has something to do with the QScintilla editor component (that Eric
is based on).
Anyway, I think intellisense is a weak point of Eric at this time, I am
coming from Eclipse and Pydev (EXCELLENT intellisense system) and I really
have missed it!