[Eric] a couple of points from a new user

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Mar 26 16:05:00 GMT 2008

On Dienstag, 25. März 2008, Giorgio F. Gilestro wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I am new user of Eric and I have a couple of questions and points.
>
> 1. navigation window: Eric has a navigation window on the left (called
> Sources) that include both a file browser and a
> Class/methods/functions/etc. browser in a tree-like menu. Would that be
> possible to have the two things separated in different tabs?
> (see http://mmm-experts.com/products/PyScripter/Pictures/screenshot1.png
> for an example).

Why have it that way?

> 2. A possible bug: If I have a project open and I decide to create a new
> file Eric will create an asp file by default and ask me to save it in my
> home directory. I believe it should create a file in the project
> directory of the type defined in the project.

It could. However, a project may contain more than just source files and than
everything would be saved as e.g. Python script. You may configure the
default file filter in the configuration dialog, Editor->General page.

> 3. I selected autocompletion from both documents and API but only the
> one from documents seems to work. Any clue why?

Have you installed and selected any API file for the respective language (s.
Configuration dialog, Editor->APIs page)?

detlev at die-offenbachs.de