[QScintilla] PyPi Wheel glibc version

Carlos Pereira Atencio carlosperate at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:31:35 GMT 2016

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to request this, otherwise I'd
appreciate it if somebody could point me to the right direction.

It would be great if the Linux PyPi wheels could be compiled linking to an
older version of glibc. Currently if trying to use it on Ubuntu 14.04 I get
the following error:

'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
not found (required by
/home/xxx/virtualenv/python3.5.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/PyQt5/Qsci.so)'

By default 14.04 only has up to version 3.4.19. I could always find a way
to upgrade it on my system, but I need to package the application and this
basically means incompatibility with 14.04 or earlier.
Any chance the maintainer could use an older version?

Kind Regards,
Carlos