[QScintilla] Custom scroll bar does not work

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Nov 7 10:21:55 GMT 2016

On 7 Nov 2016, at 2:34 am, Gabriel Acosta <acostadariogabriel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a custom scroll bar with draws markers. When I add the new
> scrollbar with setVerticalScrollBar(my_custom_sb) and I try to move
> the slider, the editor does not scroll. Why? This does not happen with
> QPlainTextEdit for example.

In order for this to work QScintilla would have to implement scrolling by reimplementing scrollContentsBy(). However the underlying Scintilla code works at a less abstract level. I'm sure it's possible to improve the situation (even if it means you have to connect up the new scrollbar yourself). I'll add it to the TODO list.