[QScintilla] Problem with calltips of last QScintilla2 snapshot

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Apr 10 15:36:59 BST 2007

On Dienstag, 10. April 2007, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007 2:53 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > calltips seem to not work like expected. On the first use of a method, I
> > receive a calltip. On the second, I don't. Type the following into a
> > QScintilla editor (e.g. in eric4)
> >
> > from PyQt4.QtCore import QString
> >
> > x = QString()
> > x.append(
> >
> > Calltips show up.
>
> I don't see how.

I used auto-completion to enter 'append'.

> > Complete it by typing
> >
> > "a")
> > x.append(
> >
> > At this point, no calltips are displayed.
>
> At the moment call tips can only be displayed after auto-completion has
> been used to identify the correct function/method.

That means, I have to use the correct 'append' entry from autocompletion first
(e.g. for QString) in order to get the correct calltips. If I select the wrong
one (actually for me 'append' is 'append' no matter where the auto-completion
comes from), I get calltips for the wrong type, which isn't shown in the
calltips list. I think, this behavior is more confusing than help.

> I could change it so that if this isn't the case then the call tips for all
> functions/methods called "append" are offered. This might be rather a lot
> if the method was "__init__".
>
> Phil

I agree, this list could be long. How did calltips work in QScintilla1?

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de