[QScintilla] Problem with calltips of last QScintilla2 snapshot

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Apr 10 15:09:36 BST 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 2:53 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> calltips seem to not work like expected. On the first use of a method, I
> receive a calltip. On the second, I don't. Type the following into a
> QScintilla editor (e.g. in eric4)
>
> from PyQt4.QtCore import QString
>
> x = QString()
> x.append(
>
> Calltips show up.

I don't see how.

> Complete it by typing
>
> "a")
> x.append(
>
> At this point, no calltips are displayed.

At the moment call tips can only be displayed after auto-completion has been
used to identify the correct function/method.

I could change it so that if this isn't the case then the call tips for all
functions/methods called "append" are offered. This might be rather a lot if
the method was "__init__".