Critical issue using PyQt6-Qt6 on older distros

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Jun 8 12:52:30 BST 2023

There is a new Linux wheel at the local PyPI server...

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/

There are also wheels for the upcoming QScintilla v2.14.1 which should
also work on older Linux distros.

I'd appreciate any testing, particularly on distros with old versions of
GLIBC but also those with OpenSSL v3.

The solution was to switch the build system to openSUSE 15.4 which has
an old GLIBC but is still officially supported by Qt v6.5...

https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/supported-platforms.html

Phil