Qt6ChartsQml.dll missing from the PyQt6-Charts-Qt6 wheel

Luca Bacci luca.bacci at outlook.com
Wed Jun 7 08:58:52 BST 2023

Hello! I have installed both PyQt6 and PyQt6-Charts using pip on Windows 10. Things are working pretty nicely, but by adding "import QtCharts"​ on top of my QML file I get the following error:

  QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
  file:///D:/my-app/window.ui:4:1: Cannot load library C:\Users\lucab\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\PyQt6\Qt6\qml\QtCharts\qtchartsqml2plugin.dll: The specified module could not be found.

Using dumpbin from the VS2022 command prompt we can see that qtchartsqml2plugin.dll depends on the following modules:

  dumpbin /DEPENDENTS qtchartsqml2plugin.dll
  Dump of file qtchartsqml2plugin.dll

  File Type: DLL
    Image has the following dependencies:
      Qt6ChartsQml.dll
      Qt6Qml.dll
      Qt6Core.dll
      VCRUNTIME140.dll
      api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
      api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
      KERNEL32.dll

Qt6ChartsQml.dll is missing from the site-packages\PyQt6\Qt6\bin directory. As a workaround I copied it from my local Qt installation and everything is working now. Would it be possible to update the wheel?

Thanks!
Luca