[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.8 and SIP v4.19.1 Released

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Tue Feb 21 15:28:17 GMT 2017

Am 20.02.2017 um 16:00 schrieb Pou Belle:
> />>> But that can't be right: it would mean repeating this with every
> update of either PyQt or PostgreSQL??? />>//>>/...or Qt. This is a Qt issue, nothing to do with PyQt. I assume you just
> need to make sure the directory containing the PostgreSQL DLL is on PATH. />>//
>> Done, and now it works. Thank you!
>

> Where did you find the missing dll for PostgreSQL ?
> DependencyWalker indicates qsqlpsql.dll needs libpq.dll in order to work.
> So I downloaded PostgreSQL binaries from the official site, and got
> libpq.dll.
> But it doesn't work with PyQt5.7.1/Python3.5.2/Windows7-64bit, because
> libpq.dll was compiled against Visual Studio 2013, and Python3.5.2 needs
> Visual Studio 2015.

It was exactly as Phil wrote: I put the ...\bin directory of my
PostgreSQL installation (which contains libpq.dll) into my PATH and that
helped: connecting to a PostgreSQL database now works. I didn't compile
anything, not PyQt, not Python, not PostgreSQL. Possibly it would
suffice to copy libpq.dll into a subdirectory of C:\Windows which is in
the PATH anyway, but I don't know if that's a good idea. I know that
early Firebird versions did copy a client dll into C:\Windows or
C:\WINNT\system32.

HTH
Sibylle