[PyQt] Problems with QSystemTrayIcon KDE 5

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 14 18:55:34 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:53:15 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
> Yes, I've figured it out that is cause KDE framework not compiled against
> Qt5.4.

I am not sure this is the issue.

But anyway, in case you are running Ubuntu Vivid, the PPA I linked above
(ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/landing-005) is in better state now, and KDE
is installable with it.

> Not, KDEPlatformTheme.so does not appears in the output.

That is definitely the issue. Do you have $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME
environment variable set? Some packages like appmenu-qt5 may set it
to wrong value.

If it is set, unset it. Otherwise, try setting it to KDEPlatformTheme.

And make sure that you have frameworkintegration installed.

--
Dmitry Shachnev