[PyQt] Problems with QSystemTrayIcon KDE 5

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:34:16 GMT 2015

Hi,

No, $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME is not set.

Today I've installed the new Plasma 5.2, along with  Qt5.4 (packages from
Kubuntu ppa, which also I use my Qt5.4 installation for PyQt5) and the
problem still persist. My app does not detect system tray
(QSystemTrayIcon.isSystemTrayAvailable()).

Any other idea?

Thanks.

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:53:15 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
> > Yes, I've figured it out that is cause KDE framework not compiled against
> > Qt5.4.
>
> I am not sure this is the issue.
>
> But anyway, in case you are running Ubuntu Vivid, the PPA I linked above
> (ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/landing-005) is in better state now, and KDE
> is installable with it.
>
> > Not, KDEPlatformTheme.so does not appears in the output.
>
> That is definitely the issue. Do you have $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME
> environment variable set? Some packages like appmenu-qt5 may set it
> to wrong value.
>
> If it is set, unset it. Otherwise, try setting it to KDEPlatformTheme.
>
> And make sure that you have frameworkintegration installed.
>
> --
> Dmitry Shachnev

Gustavo A. Díaz

www.gdnet.com.ar