[PyQt] Segfault with QDesktopServices.openUrl

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Fri Aug 29 09:22:47 BST 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:28:25AM +0200, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> I'll report a bug somewhen the next days when I get the time.
>
> Also, in my experience it's a really good idea to report QtWebKit
> bugs, those get handled and fixed very fast. Other stuff often gets
> ignored indeed...

Of the 13 bugs I have reported, so far, one, in the widgets
section, has been fixed. One in Qt WebKit in 4.x was never fixed. One in
Qt Webkit 5.x has not yet been fixed, but at least the maintainer is
active: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40912

The remaining nine have not been fixed, some for years, many for months
a few for weeks.

It's a pity that the most important Qt module -- Widgets/GUI -- seems to
have the least amount of resources devoted to it. Oh well, I guess I
should not be complaining, at least Qt exists :) And for most widgets
bugs it is usually possible to workaround them in application code.

Kovid.

--

Dr. Kovid Goyal
http://www.kovidgoyal.net