[PyQt] Inter-office distribution/installation of packages/modules

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:25:08 BST 2011

Have you tried using py2exe? We have an application written in python with
many dependencies, and without py2exe we would have to create an installer
to manually install python and all the dependencies...And we initially did
that, but that was far more problematic in the end than deploying an .exe
(problems with multiple python installations, upgrading packages, upgrading
Python!, etc.)

Use py2exe along with gui2exe (makes deploying much simpler). It's not
perfect, and the project seems to have stalled, but it works. There is also
PyInstaller, but I have never gotten it to work with twisted and distutils.
It would also balloon our app because it started including every system32
dll it could find that was used!