[PyQt] Qt Contributors Summit

Erik Janssens Erik.Janssens at conceptive.be
Wed Jun 8 21:08:36 BST 2011

- my concern is that we will need to build our apps using a
  software open gl, simply to be able to use them without difficulties
  for a large user base.  and how this will impact the performance
  of remote desktop and citrix.  Unfortunately, it's not up to me to
  dictate the users of my app to use VNC or something else.

- what I mean by QML scene assembly, is how the various
  QDeclarativeComponents are assmbled in a QML file.

  for example in my apps I use :

  form_display = ['first_name', 'last_name', 'birthdate']

  this single line will generate me a form with all the fields
  bound to the underlying data model.

  will I be able to do the same with QDeclarativeComponents without
  going through javascript translations and QML files.

  maybe my understanding of Qt Quick is still lagging, all
  clarifications are more then welcome ?

- I agree there is certainly value in replacing the QWidgets,
  especially the use of anchors instead of layouts.  But in our
  case the whole GUI is generated from the model, and this is
  perfectly possible with QWidgets.  It would be a large step
  back if we had to craft our GUI by hand in some kind of
  wysiwyg editor.