[PyQt] Tools for compiling sip/PyQt on MacOS

Frédéric frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Wed Feb 18 16:14:43 GMT 2009

On mercredi 18 février 2009, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> configure and compile on OSX works just like on other OSs.

Sure, but the problem is to install the development tools. Ths user who is
trying to compile reported the following error:

    -bash: make: command not found

:o/

> One problem with SIP on Leopard is that it wants to install in the
> Python framework.  This isn't a good idea with the system Python.  I
> use this configuration on Leopard:
>
> python configure.py -n -d /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages \
> -b /usr/local/bin -e /usr/local/include -v /usr/local/share/sip \
> -s MacOSX10.5.sdk
>
> This gets it all in more appropriate places.

Ok!

> For the python.org Python package, on Tiger or Leopard, you just need
> to configure the site-packages and SDK, and let the rest default to
> folders in the python framework.
>
> Once you get SIP installed, PyQt configure just needs to know the site-
> packages, and on Leopard the bin path (to find SIP).

Could you provide me the options users should use? As I said, I don't have
any MacOS system, and users does not know anything about compilation. So I
have to guide them step by step :o/

Thanks for your help,

--
    Frédéric