[PyQt] Tools for compiling sip/PyQt on MacOS

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Feb 18 15:59:06 GMT 2009

configure and compile on OSX works just like on other OSs.

One problem with SIP on Leopard is that it wants to install in the
Python framework.  This isn't a good idea with the system Python.  I
use this configuration on Leopard:

python configure.py -n -d /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages \
-b /usr/local/bin -e /usr/local/include -v /usr/local/share/sip \
-s MacOSX10.5.sdk

This gets it all in more appropriate places.

For the python.org Python package, on Tiger or Leopard, you just need
to configure the site-packages and SDK, and let the rest default to
folders in the python framework.

Once you get SIP installed, PyQt configure just needs to know the site-
packages, and on Leopard the bin path (to find SIP).