[PyQt] LGPL license.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:41:02 GMT 2009

> Oh, btw what implications it has for your application/development to use
> Qt or PyQt licensed under GPL or LGPL or commercial is something you
> should discuss with a lawyer.
>
> Andreas

Yes, all is clear now, thanks.

This bit about the lawyer always strikes me as funny. I am looking at
releasing a product that will be sold in the USA, Canada, England,
Australia and many other English speaking places. It will also be sold
in other countries as the translators get things done, perhaps Germany
first. The product is expected to cost 20 to 50 USD and sell a few
thousand units per county, if it goes well. So how much does this
lawyer that knows all about these licenses and there effects in all
those counties cost? Where do you find him?

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?