[PyQt] PyQt4 with cx_Freeze

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Wed Feb 20 16:57:37 GMT 2008

Hi Darryl,

At 09:25 20/02/2008 -0500, Darryl Wallace wrote:
>Armando,
>
>I did a gdb on my executable and it appears as though the PyQt4.QtCore.so
>file is causing the problem.  I am wondering if it is due to the fact that
>I am running this on an AMD64 bit machine.
>Just curious to see if my directory contents match yours, here is a list
>of files in my 'dist' folder:

The good news: I have been able to reproduce the problem on other machine.

The bad news: It is not solved yet.

The problem is in the self.readSettings method  call. Just commenting that
line gets everything running. The line crashing the application is:

     pos = settings.value("pos", QtCore.QVariant(QtCore.QPoint(200,
200))).toPoint()

Unfortunaly I have to leave now. If you do not succeed on your own I can
try tomorrow.

Armando
PS. Perhaps we should stop mail bombing the list till we found a solution.