[PyQt] dll problem

Nescio Nomen nescionomen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:27:43 BST 2008

I recently ran into a dll problem and couldn't run any of my scripts.  I
checked C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin and I can see QtCore4 and
QtGui4.dll.  I already have these two DLLs (though possibly different
versions) in C:\Program Files\Python25\PyQt4\bin.  I am sure it is MikTex's
fault because I went to the system variables and removed the aforementioned
path from the "Path" system variable and then my scripts worked.  Is there
any way for me to fix this problem without removing MikTeX from Path (which
presumably might break something)?  I realize this is not directly related
to PyQt but I am hoping someone can help.  Thanks.