[PyQt] pyuic vs. uic.loadUi()?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 15 18:00:49 BST 2007

On 15.06.07 09:35:34, Kovid Goyal wrote:
> Just write a Makefile to help you during development. I really don't think
> it's worth burdening your users with the extra load time.

Hmm, I haven't really experienced that much delay in load time. Also
this largely depends on the type of application. An application that
opens a lot of new windows frequently, or is itself started/exited
frequently suffers much more from this than one that only has a
mainwindow and maybe another dialog or two or is only started once per
day.

> Also if you plan on
> going multi-platform, you will have to write platform specific hacks to
> figure out the loaction of the ui files.

Thats completely wrong. In fact there are quite good python ways of
storing the .ui file in an egg and using it from there. Been there, done
that, worked out nicely.

Andreas

--
You will reach the highest possible point in your business or profession.