[PyQt] pyuic vs. uic.loadUi()?

Kovid Goyal kovid at theory.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 15 19:27:48 BST 2007

Yeah If you're application can be distributed as an egg and you're willing to
make your windows users install python, setuptools, Qt and PyQt. And your
application doesn't depend on any other third party libraries that may not be
easily available on all platforms.

In short for anything but the simplest of applications, eggs don't work for
cross platform development. They do however work very well if your sticking
to linux.

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

home  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid at theory.caltech.edu
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net