[PyKDE] Eric problems with dead key

Rick van Hattem Rick.van.Hattem at fawo.nl
Mon Jan 8 00:25:25 GMT 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 00:43, Antoni Aloy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a big problem with Eric conerning dead keys. That is I want to type
> á à ü, í ... but I get 'a `a and that makes Eric unusable for me as I need
> to be able to type such letters in my programs.
>
> I'm using Kde and Ubuntu on PPC but I have reproduced the problem on i386
> machines. My versions are:
>
> Python 2.4.4c1
> KDE 3.5.5
> PyKDE 3.15.2
> Qt 3.3.6
> PyQt 3.16
> sip4.4.5
> QScintilla 1.6
> Eric 3.9.2
> Bicycle Repair Man CVS-20041120
>
> Any idea about how to solve this?
>
> Best regards,
You could use external files with the translations (the Qt tr/trUtf8
functions) and keep everything in the code English (which is recommended btw,
even Guido van Rossum, native Dutch has that opinion).

However, it still shouldn't be a problem to use them. I've just tried it with
Eric4 - 4.0-snapshot-20061222 on a Windows machine and that worked without a
problem, I can't test it on my Linux machine since I didn't compile all that
stuff in, I don't need it and I don't use it (altough I am Dutch). If I need
to use something like that I usually just get the special character screen,
with KDE it shouldn't be much of a hassle though, is it working in all the
other programs?

--
Rick van Hattem	Rick.van.Hattem(at)Fawo.nl