[PyKDE] Getting started with pyqt4

pykde at x11.cjb.net pykde at x11.cjb.net
Sun Jan 7 23:58:06 GMT 2007

I thought I was doing very well.  I got some of the sample to work, and was
able to compile .ui files, start them as programs and receive input from
their buttons.

My next step was to load the .ui file dynamically.  I found these intructions
here:

http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/pipermail/pykde/2006-January/012070.html

But then I ran into this bug:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=pykde&m=116397623224930&w=2

So now I think what I need is a newer version of pyqt.

I downloaded the latest version, and try to install

$ python configure.py
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
Error: Failed to create ./qtdirs. Make sure you have a working Qt v4 qmake on
your PATH or use the -q argument to explicitly specify a working Qt v4 qmake.

I already have qt4 installed.  Do I need to compile it again?  Or how can I
find the path that will make this happy?  (I am running kubuntu dapper)

==No talk pages==
Also I was directed here after asking why there are no talk pages on the pyqt
wiki.  I really think they would be a benefit to collaborative editing, or
just  a place for people to post questions about example that they can't get
to work (a place I find myself in often).

For an example of this, consider the "Discussion and Bugs" tab on the gentoo
wiki: http://gentoo-wiki.com

Thanks,

axiom