[PyKDE] Compiling eric3 for use with pyqt4 development

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 19:41:19 GMT 2006

On 22.02.06 19:27:20, Dave Williams wrote:
> I have now successfully installed eric3 following Andreas' guidance.

BTW: You don't need those 'old' snapshots, PyQt was fixed 1 or 2 days
after I sent you those files.

> However I did have a couple of problems to do with qmake and qconfig when installing PyQt (3 and 4). Specifically these were

Huh?

> a) The need to tweak configure.py to look at QTDIR first because of a shell script of qmake in /usr/bin causing the incorrect path to be deduced.

How about python configure.py -q <qt directory>? This has always worked
for me here.

> 	#for d in path.split(os.pathsep):
> 	#    if os.access(os.path.join(d, "qmake"), os.X_OK):
> 	#        qt_dir = os.path.dirname(d)
> 	#        break
> 	#else:
> Im not sure if this is a Mandriva rpm issue but it comes from qt3-devel rpm.

Tell configure the qtdir with "-q".

> b) The need to explicitly use the -g option because /usr/include/qt3/qconfig.h contains
> 	#define _MULTIARCH_HEADER qconfig.h
> 	#include <multiarch-dispatch.h>
> which causes the parsing of the qt version to fail.

Huh??? Probably this is related to the above. Here QTDIR for qt3 is
/usr/share/qt3, you can find "include", "share", "bin", "lib" and so on
there. At least here on Debian.

> 2. Build and install QScintilla
> 	export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
> 	from qt subdir execute qmake qscintilla.pro
> 	Edit Makefile CXXFLAGS to include -fno-exceptions
> 	make
> 	make install

Does Mandriva not deliver QScintilla? You can tell PyQt3's configure.py
where QScintilla headers and libs are installed, so you don't need to
install it into /usr/local, /usr or anywhere you might not have
sufficient rights to write to.

> 4b. Build and install PyQt4
> 	as for pyqt3 but dont need QTDIR set to qt3 any more.

You need to edit that too? No way, just use -q <qt-dir>. Qt4 doesn't
need QTDIR at all, all is done via qmake.

Andreas

--
Don't get to bragging.