[PyKDE] Compiling eric3 for use with pyqt4 development

Dave Williams happy at opensourcesolutions.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 07:03:20 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:11:05 +0100
Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> Using
>
> sip-snapshot-20060126
> PyQt-x11-gpl-snapshot-20060124
> PyQt4-gpl-snapshot-20060128
> eric3-snapshot-20060123
>
> worked fine for me. I can send you the files for sip/PyQt/PyQt4 as Phil
> only makes the latest versions available.

Yes so I have noticed. Sending copies would be easiest - Email them to me off list if you wish.

Checking my versions they are all a day or two out from yours. I'm surprised it makes that much difference but it will be good to get something working anyway. I want to get on writing my app not installing the tools!

The only thing you havent mentioned is qt itself. I have qt-x11-free-3.3.5 (and qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.1-snapshot-20060210) installed. I am also running kde-3.5.1.

Other than following the order in Detlev's README are there any other things to watch out for that I may have missed? Did note there was a -thread option required at one point (cant recall which component).

Thanks
Dave