[PyKDE] Compiling eric3 for use with pyqt4 development

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 21:11:05 GMT 2006

On 15.02.06 20:18:30, Dave Williams wrote:
> Can anyone advise a consistent set of sip, qscintilla, pyqt, qt etc sources to use to generate a recent (linux) version of eric3 that supports qt4 development?

Use the latest snapshots that are earlier than 20060213, eric3 doesn't
seem to work with the latest versions (at least thats what happens
here). Maybe it'll work with tomorrows snapshots...

> Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that eric3 has to be compiled

eric3 doesn't need to be compiled. It's just installed. Only sip and
PyQt3, PyQt4 need to be compiled.

> with qt3 because both the IDE and qscintilla (at least) were written
> using qt3 dependencies even though later QTDIR etc will point to qt4
> for my application development.

No, (Py)Qt4 doesn't need any QTDIR setting anymore.

> I have been going round the loop endlessly over the last few days with
> both releases and snapshots without finding a success combination. For
> example it appears that the attribute qt_version in sip has
> disappeared recently (since 4-3-2) and that qconfig.h has been
> factored into separate h files so that pyqt-3-11-1 cant parse which
> version of qt is in use.

you need the latest snapshots of all parts or the latest released
version of all parts.

> I managed to get some versions to compile but the all crash with a
> variety of segfaults (with or without the --nokde option).

It seems that the recent changes in sip/PyQt are troubling eric3... If
it's not fixed tomorrow I'll report here with a backtrace...

Using

sip-snapshot-20060126
PyQt-x11-gpl-snapshot-20060124
PyQt4-gpl-snapshot-20060128
eric3-snapshot-20060123

worked fine for me. I can send you the files for sip/PyQt/PyQt4 as Phil
only makes the latest versions available.

Andreas

--
You will have a long and boring life.