[PyKDE] Version wondering

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun May 18 20:09:00 BST 2003

Hi,

> Hi folks,
>
> I have trouble building PyQt, QScintilla and running eric 3.1.
>
> I'm using:
>
> Visual Studio V6.0 C++
> Qt non commercial 2.3 version  as well as
> Qt commercial 3.1.2 version (seperate directories, or course, and
> yes QTDIR was set respectivly)
> PyQT non commercial version (actual download from web)
> QScintilla (actual download from web)
> Sip (version 3.6, actual download)
> Eric 3.1
>
> If I build PyQT I get compile errors (e.g. in QPrinter) where
> the sip definition files obviously don't match the actual
> Qt header files. After manual correction the compile goes on.
>
> But strangly: if I build against 2.3 suddenly the compiler
> asks for files (qucomextra_p.h) versions which are only in
> the 3.1.2 distribution.
>
> If I build against 3.1.2 then I get errors because attributes
> are not defined there which are only defined in 2.3.
>
> I can manage to get PyQt to run under Qt 2.3, but QScintilla
> won't be included (compile errors). So eric won't run.
>
> I can manage to get PyQt including QScintilla to be build/
> run under 3.1.2, but eric 3.1 wants to see a 2.3 dll (qt_mt230nc.dll
> or such).
>
> I haven't found informations about which version of what works
> together, and how to make them fit together.
>
> I even tried the latest development snapshots, but this won't
> work also.
>
> Can someone help me out with some basic informations?
> - what version of Qt is needed for eric 3.1?
> - how can I get a version of PyQt and QScintilla which works on this
>   version for eric 3.1?

As far as eric3 is concerned Qt 3.1.2, QScintilla 1.0, PyQt 3.6 and sip
3.6 is absolutely ok. Please be aware that you have to have compatible
versions of qscintilla, sip and PyQt. When you compile the stuff and run
eric3 (or install) please make sure, that QTDIR is set to the correct
version of Qt. Also make sure, that you have removed all stuff from your
previous PyQt installation attempts and have a clean installation.

> Or is it just the answer: if you want to use Qt 3.1.2 commercial
> version, get and buy PyQt commercial?
>
> What about: I would like to try it out? I'm in a project which
> currently evaluates QSA against Python based on PyQt as a scripting
> language. So I would like to see how it works and how PyQt could be
> integrated into a Qt based application.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

Regards,