[PyKDE] Version wondering

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart at smart-knowhow.de
Sun May 18 16:46:00 BST 2003

Hi folks,

I have trouble building PyQt, QScintilla and running eric 3.1.

I'm using:

Visual Studio V6.0 C++
Qt non commercial 2.3 version  as well as
Qt commercial 3.1.2 version (seperate directories, or course, and
yes QTDIR was set respectivly)
PyQT non commercial version (actual download from web)
QScintilla (actual download from web)
Sip (version 3.6, actual download)
Eric 3.1

If I build PyQT I get compile errors (e.g. in QPrinter) where
the sip definition files obviously don't match the actual
Qt header files. After manual correction the compile goes on.

But strangly: if I build against 2.3 suddenly the compiler
asks for files (qucomextra_p.h) versions which are only in
the 3.1.2 distribution.

If I build against 3.1.2 then I get errors because attributes
are not defined there which are only defined in 2.3.

I can manage to get PyQt to run under Qt 2.3, but QScintilla
won't be included (compile errors). So eric won't run.

I can manage to get PyQt including QScintilla to be build/
run under 3.1.2, but eric 3.1 wants to see a 2.3 dll (qt_mt230nc.dll
or such).

I haven't found informations about which version of what works together,
and how to make them fit together.

I even tried the latest development snapshots, but this won't
work also.

Can someone help me out with some basic informations?
- what version of Qt is needed for eric 3.1?
- how can I get a version of PyQt and QScintilla which works on this
  version for eric 3.1?

Or is it just the answer: if you want to use Qt 3.1.2 commercial
version, get and buy PyQt commercial?

What about: I would like to try it out? I'm in a project which
currently evaluates QSA against Python based on PyQt as a scripting
language. So I would like to see how it works and how PyQt could be
integrated into a Qt based application.

Regards,
Andrew