[PyKDE] pykde.sourceforge.net

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Jan 16 17:23:00 GMT 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 07:27, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Jonathan and Jim are the project managers there.
>
> Jonathan, Jim, what do you think about a contribution package section.

I think it is a great idea. I think it is necessary for wide-spread acceptance
of PyQt and PyKDE. Our goal is world domination, isn't it? ;-)

> If somebody want to upload something, just post the details in this list
> file name:
> package name:
> package version:
> release notes:
> changelog (opt.):
>
> and upload to anonymous at ftp://upload.sourceforge.net
>
> Hopefully some project member picks it up quickly enough, and publish
> the thing in download section.
>
> Comments?

Yes, unfortunately, this doesn't work well in practice. Just send the files to
me, or make them available from some server somewhere so that I can download
them.

For small software packages, like a widget or an app that you threw together
that is pretty simple, you won't have to go to great lengths and be so
serious about it. Just send what you got (or put what you have someplace I
can get it) and let me know what it does.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Python Qt perl apache and linux