[PyKDE] pykde.sourceforge.net

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Jan 16 18:04:00 GMT 2003

On 16-Jan-03 Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> On Thursday 16 January 2003 07:27, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
>> Jonathan and Jim are the project managers there.

>> Jonathan, Jim, what do you think about a contribution package
>> section.

> I think it is a great idea. I think it is necessary for
> wide-spread acceptance  of PyQt and PyKDE. Our goal is world
> domination, isn't it? ;-)

My goal is to just get the next release done (I don't know if that
deserves a :) or :( )

I thought this was great software back when it was < 1.0, and a lot
of stuff (including Phil's v 4.0 and Detlev's 'eric') is going to
make it even better. I'd like to see sip, PyQt and PyKDE get wider
use and recognition.

I probably average privately an inquiry per month from people who
want to build on top of PyQt/PyKDE, but a lot of that is still
proprietary stuff. That's in addition to stuff like Gerard's
package and some other things on sf that occasionally get mentioned
here.

Jim