[PyKDE] PyKDE for sip 3.5 and 3.6

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu Apr 17 14:25:00 BST 2003

I see people fight heroic fights with PyQt/sip snapshot releases
(forced by PyQt-3.5 not being compatible with the latest Qt releases)
and PyKDE-3.5.

Since the release date of Python-2.3 will be early (when extrapolating, late)
June (see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0283.html ), it makes
maybe sense to do an intermediate 3.5.1 release: that means updated
sip files, but still compatible with sip-3.5.

I also suggest that build.py exits with an error message if it discovers a
Qt version that post-dates the sip files (or at least a warning that things
may not go as expected).

Gerard