[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.3.2-1

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Aug 10 12:00:01 BST 2002

Hi Jim,

Am Samstag, 10. August 2002 00:25 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> PyKDE-3.3.2-1 should be available shortly. It contains the
> following changes:
>
> 1. build.py fixed for Qt 3.0.5 versioning
> 2. added include of /usr/X11R6/include path for kdecore.sip
>
> If you're not using Qt 3.0.5 and haven't had trouble with the above
> include path, there's no reason to update PyKDE-3.3.2, as there are
> no other changes.
>
> I haven't tested either fix since I don't have Qt 3.0.5 installed
> and don't have a problem with the include path, so let me know if
> further repair is required. I also forgot to update the change log,
> but I'll get that on the next round.

Now it doesn't work for Qt before 3.0.5 anymore. In your build.py script
you have to change the qttags definition as follows:

    qttags = {
        0x020000: "Qt_1_43",
        0x020100: "Qt_2_00",
        0x020200: "Qt_2_1_0",
        0x020300: "Qt_2_2_0",
        0x020301: "Qt_2_3_0",
        0x030000: "Qt_2_3_1",
        0x030001: "Qt_3_0_0",
        0x030002: "Qt_3_0_1",
        0x030004: "Qt_3_0_2",
        0x030005: "Qt_3_0_4",
        0x040000: "Qt_3_0_5"
    }

Then it works again (see Phil's build.py script).

I addition to this I have a problem executing the build.py script.
When it tries to generate the C++ code for the kjs module, I get the
following error message.

Generating the C++ source for the kjs module.
sip: Unable to find file "kjs.sip"
Error: /usr/bin/sip failed with an exit code of 256 -- from line 1125 in
build.py

Please help.

Configuration is as follows.
KDE 3.0.2, Qt 3.0.4, PyQt 3.3.2, PyKDE 3.3.2-1