[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.3.2-1

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Aug 10 20:07:01 BST 2002

On 10-Aug-02 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Now it doesn't work for Qt before 3.0.5 anymore. In your build.py
> script you have to change the qttags definition as follows:
>
>     qttags = {
>         0x020000: "Qt_1_43",
>         0x020100: "Qt_2_00",
>         0x020200: "Qt_2_1_0",
>         0x020300: "Qt_2_2_0",
>         0x020301: "Qt_2_3_0",
>         0x030000: "Qt_2_3_1",
>         0x030001: "Qt_3_0_0",
>         0x030002: "Qt_3_0_1",
>         0x030004: "Qt_3_0_2",
>         0x030005: "Qt_3_0_4",
>         0x040000: "Qt_3_0_5"
>     }

> Then it works again (see Phil's build.py script).

Yes - you're right. I missed that change, but will get the fix out
right away.

> I addition to this I have a problem executing the build.py
> script. When it tries to generate the C++ code for the kjs
> module, I get the following error message.

> Generating the C++ source for the kjs module.
> sip: Unable to find file "kjs.sip"
> ************
> Error: /usr/bin/sip failed with an exit code of 256 -- from line
> 1125 in
> build.py
> ************

> Please help.

> Configuration is as follows.
> KDE 3.0.2, Qt 3.0.4, PyQt 3.3.2, PyKDE 3.3.2-1

Somehow kjs.sip got deleted from the -1 tarball ??? It's back now.

I've already sent PyKDE-3.3.2-2 out to Phil with the changes -
should be available shortly.

If you want to avoid another download:
If you have a PyKDE-3.2.4 kjs.sip around, you can just copy it into
the PyKDE-3.3.2/sip directory - there are no changes for 3.0.1 or
3.0.2. The patch above for qttags can be applied to build.py.

Jim