Eric Crash on Text Entry - Repeatable

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sun Aug 2 17:33:26 BST 2020

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes the Mint 20 version is old but I had
installed following the Eric script anyway and was on 20.7.

I have just tried the script again, still on 20.7 so I removed it and
ran the script again and I now have 20.8.  I repeated the test and it
still crashes in the same way.  I ran from a terminal, this is the
terminal output -

mick at Mint20Desk ~/eric_env/bin $ ./eric6
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_GB'could not be loaded.
Using default.
BackgroundService listening on: 45131
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not
implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x33bfbb0 name=""
role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x33d0260)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not
implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x33bfbb0 name=""
role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x33d0260)"focusable|invisible")
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted (core dumped)
mick at Mint20Desk ~/eric_env/bin $

Mick