[Eric] Error: TLS initialization failed

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Sep 21 11:34:33 BST 2019

Hello Phil,

assuming you are using a Windows platform this isue could result from PyQt5
using a version of Qt compiled against a newer SSL library than is part of the
Python installation. In that case PyQt5 would pick up the Python one resulting
in such kind of issues. Updating Python to 3.7.4 would solve the issue.

All this is just an assumption as you did not give any version and platform
information.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de