[Eric] Error: TLS initialization failed

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 11:09:38 BST 2019

Thank you for reading this.

I asked about this last May but was unable make use of the replies to
solve the problem. Inspired by the latest version of Eric, because of
micropython support, I thought I'd make another attempt. However, I'm
still no wiser.

These are the two error messages:

Error: TLS initialization failed

qtqt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function d2i_X509

I have openssl and libssl-dev, both are version 1.1.1b from the Ubuntu
repository.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I might get to enjoy Eric again?

This version of Eric was installed using pip3.