[Eric] Support network for eric, conda, and internet connection

Christos Sevastiadis csevast at auth.gr
Sat Sep 15 16:16:07 BST 2018

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 at 17:07, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
wrote:

> Am Samstag, 15. September 2018, 15:25:05 CEST schrieb Christos Sevastiadis:
>
> ..
>
> > P.S. to Detlev: It should be convenient if the of the default running
> > environment was saved in the project. That means there is a default
> running
> > environment for all new projects, but it can be changed and saved on each
> > project.
>
> Virtual environments can be different on different computers/operating
> systems. Therefore I am not including this in the project data, because
> that
> should be platform/installation neutral. However, one can configure the
> debugger settings specifically for a project through the Project menu
> (Project->Debugger). Loading and saving of the project debugger settings
> can
> be configured on the Project->Project configuration page.
>
> Detlev
> --
> Detlev Offenbach
> detlev at die-offenbachs.de

I didn't notice the Debug options in the project Menu, as I was expecting
it somewhere in or close to the Project options in the same menu.
Because I started to use Python with the Anaconda distribution, which is
popular for scientific applications, from the beginning I was involved with
the problems of Conda environments and Eric. One way or another I solved
them, with no need the Conda system to be integrated into Eric. I hope Alex
will make it either.

Christos.