[Eric] Support network for eric, conda, and internet connection

Alex Gerhardt-Bourke agerhbour at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 05:22:12 BST 2018

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding eric:

  1.  Is there any place to discuss working with eric rather than this mailing list? It seems the IRC channel on freenode is dead. Is there a discord server or subreddit or any other place for eric support/discussion?
  2.  Can eric be used properly with conda virtual environments? I am running python through a conda installation, and have pyqt and qscintilla installed under the conda base environment. With this I can install and run eric. However, when I create a new conda virtual environment, and add this environment to the eric virtual environments list, I cannot import other packages I have installed under the new virtual environment. Under the new virtual environment, when selected through the debugger settings (not sure why it has to be changed here and not just in the virtualenv manager), the python interpreter tries but fails to import installed packages. This is different to when it cannot find the package at all.
  3.  Do I need to do configure eric so that eric can connect to the internet? For whatever reason, I cannot connect to IRC channels through the IRC client (the connect button is greyed out), nor can I see the list of plugins in the plugin repository. In fact, the plugin repository tells me “Network status: offline”.

Regards,
Alex.