[Eric] Autocompletion behaviour

Christos Sevastiadis csevast at auth.gr
Mon Oct 29 09:24:52 GMT 2018

Dear Alex,

My problem was not only in executing my code but in invoking
Autocompletion, Calltips and Code Documentation in the Editor form, as long
as Autocompletion in Shell form (Calltips and Code Documentation are not
operating in Shell form). Setting the Environment Variables in Debugger
Options affects only the execution of the project. Thus, I had to set the
desired environment variables before Eric's execution. I've already sent a
suggestion to Detlev for this issue. What I asked for is to have an option
setting for Environment Variables in Virtual Environment level, which can
affect not only start/debug script/project actions but the Editor, Code
Documentation, and Shell forms either. In Shell form I noticed that Eric
uses the base environment variables, adding the PyQt5 paths. I think that
the Shell's environment variables should be the Virtual Environment's ones,
or somebody could select between Eric's and Virtual Environment's
environment variables and paths. In Editor and Code Documentation should be
the Virtual Environment's variables and paths

The PyQt5 installed by Conda has different folder structure than PyQt5
installed by Pip. I have to set PATH environment variable to
prefxi\Library\bin in Debugger Options to start/debug my projects. To have
installed modules in a Virtual Environment visible to all Eric functions I
have to start Eric from Anaconda prompt with my Virtual Environment
activated. Somehow the problems have to do using Conda and Virtual
Environments. This happens not only in Eric but in maybe all other IDEs.
But I think that all these complication can be resolved.

Also, Detlev, I noticed that the Debugger Options are not applied by
default without opening the corresponding dialog form after opening a
project. Somebody has to open Debugger Options form, click OK, and then the
settings are applied to the next start/debug project action.

Regards
Christos