[Eric] Virtual Environment in Eric

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Tue May 29 19:21:09 BST 2018

I'm trying to understand Eric's support for virtual environments. There is an option under Extras 'Virtualenv configurator' which, does indeed configure up a virtual environment. I can run my code in this environment by specifying it as the path to the Python executable. This option appears twice in the menu, which is odd.

However, under Extras->Python Package Management, there is an option 'Edit Current Virtualenv Configuration ...'. However, when I select that, I get a message 'No valid configuration path determined. Is a virtual environment selected?'.

So my question is: is there a way to select a virtual environment in Eric? I've searched the menu items and the settings and the project properties, but I cannot find anything that relates to this?

The VirtualenvInterface plugin is present and active.

Am I missing something, or is this feature a work in progress to be available in some future release?

(I'm running Eric 18.04 on Ubuntu 18.04 using the vanilla Gnome desktop. So PyQt 5.10.1 and Qt 5.9.5. I also have package python3-venv installed, which I believe provides pyvenv.)

Regards,
Tony.

--

Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039