[Eric] How to set/reset GUI language preference

Mike Morris mike at musicplace.com
Mon May 7 19:23:12 BST 2018

I just noticed error messages in my "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?", "Nein,
NEIN!" problem...

Upon startup, the Console shows:

    mikem at othala:~$ eric6
    QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
    *Warning: translation file 'qt_de'could not be loaded.*
    Using default.

and in the Eric GUI:

    *Warning: translation file 'git_de' could not be loaded.*
    Using default.

Note the difference between "qt_de" and "git_de".

Does this help anyone with more knowledge of qt to know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance,

MikeM