[Eric] Eric Windows 8.1 install failed, need QtWebKit?

Robert Withrow bigbaaadbob at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 02:34:25 GMT 2013

I've installed:

   - python-3.3.3.amd64
   - qt-windows-opensource-5.1.1-msvc2012-x86_64-offline
   - PyQt4-4.10.3-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.1.0-x64

When I try to install eric5-5.3.8 I get:
e:\Users\witr\Downloads\eric5-5.3.8\eric5-5.3.8>install.py
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 3.3.3
Found PyQt4
Found QtHelp
Found QScintilla2
Found QtGui
Found QtNetwork
Found QtSql
Found QtSvg
Sorry, please install QtWebKit.
Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Press enter to continue...

I'm trying to have simple installs (so this setup can be duplicated by
others) so I'd just as soon not to have to build stuff.  Shouldn't this
"just work"?

Side note: it seems impossible to install Eric with PyQt5 even though
release notes say experimental support has been added.

--
Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates
☎ +1.978.712.4453
 BigBaaadBob at gmail.com