[Eric] Srange intellisense behavior.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Mar 26 15:59:05 GMT 2008

On Dienstag, 25. März 2008, objectref wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I created an empty project in Eic4 and add a new form. The Qt Designer
> opens and I construct the form with the widgets I need. Form file is saved
> as findandrelace.ui.
> I close the designer, see this file in project-Viewer, I do a "compile
> form" and now I have a file Ui_findandreplace.py in project-Viewer Sources.
>
> I add a file to the project so I can "use" the designer-generated class and
> show the form, just the usual way. I do an "import Ui_findandreplace" but I
> cannot see any properties/methods with the intellisense.
>
> E.x. I press Ui_findandreplace.Ui_FindAndReplaceDlg. and with Ctrl-Space I
> suppose I would see the setupUi() method but I do not.
>
> Am I doing something wrong ??

No, you are doing fine. That feature is not present in eric4. QScintilla2
expects API files of a specific format which it compiles into an internal
format. Eric4 doesn't scan a file when it is saved in order to generate an
API file. And if it did, this API file would need to be added to the list of
API files for Python and would need to be compiled. After that step, the
completions would be available for all Python scripts. Dynamic autocompletion
is not supported by QScintilla2.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de