[Eric] eric 4.1.1 interactive python console problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Mar 6 18:25:38 GMT 2008

On Mittwoch, 5. März 2008, Christof Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rafał Zawadzki wrote:
> > Hello. I've just upgrade after reinstall my PyQT to new Eric 4.1.1.
> >
> > "c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\eric4\DebugClients\Python\DebugClientBase.
> >py", line 980, in connectDebugger
> >     sock.connect((DebugAddress,port))
> >   File "<string>", line 1, in connect
> > socket.error: (10061, 'Connection refused')
>
> This is the real error. The debug-client wants to connect via a TCP-socket
> to the DebugServer.
> The reasons could be that
>
> * the DebugServer is not runnning at all

If the IDE is running, the debug server is running as well.

> * some firewall-stuff prevents you from opening local sockets

That is the most probable error. Please open the configuration dialog and
select an appropriate interface to listen on. If just loopback is selected
(127.0.0.1), the firewall will not interfere (as far as I know). If a real
network card is used, the firewall might disallow.

Another possible problem could be, if you haven't allowed localhost to connect
to the server.

However, this functionality hasn't been changed and is there since 4.0.0.

> * the DebugServer is listening on a different port

That cannot happen because the debug server is handing it's port to the debug
client at startup of the client.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de