[Eric] Comment selection feature

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:52:51 BST 2006

2006/10/27, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>:
> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 01:18, Henrik Pauli wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I recently switched from Kate to Eric3, and found that the comment
> > selection shortcut (by default Ctrl-M in Eric if I recall correctly,
> > Ctrl-D in Kate) works somewhat awkward; well, compared to Kate anyway.
> >
> > In Kate, it works just like the indent selection feature: it comments
> > out by one #, and the reverse function takes off one #.  In Eric, it
> > does this with two #'s.
> >
> > I wonder if I have managed not to notice something in the settings of
> > Eric, or if that's not the case, whether we could get an option to
> > comment by one # at a time on selection commenting.
> >

> Hi,
>
> this was done intentionally in order to differentiate between comments
> generated by this function (mostly used to "comment out" some code) and
> normal user comments.

Ahh, thanks, I see — well, I kinda use comments the other way around:
single # for code that's commented out (even if it's a block of code),
double (or more) for textual comment, such as when I explain
something, etc.  I'd say for those using this command, it wouldn't
actually hurt to "double-click" the shortcut (afterall, the text
remains selected and it's incremental, just like the Indent/Unindent
command).

Wonder what other users think about it :)